Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sweet Sixteen

Tuesday, July 1st was my darling granddaughter's
sixteenth birthday and we took her to dinner
at The Cheesecake Factory where the waiters
sang "Happy Birthday" to her ...
After dinner, with very full tummys, we took a walk
along Las Olas Boulevard. Here's some of what
my camera and I saw ...
Chico's has these rather stylish mannequins and I
couldn't resist taking their pictures ...


The shop window below, was beautifully arranged and
lit so that even at night, it was picturesque.
Don't you just want to go in and lay down
to sleep, perchance to dream?

See them? (BELOW)
The one with the glasses? That's my granddaughter.
The other one is her Best Friend Forever.
As they exited the shop, a young woman came out
and told me I couldn't take pictures. Hmpfh!
As if ......................... !!!

It's been a rather strange and somewhat bizarre week.
It ended nicely though, don't you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, June Wallace here - Soroptimist International of Largo Mid-Pinellas. We met at SI Davie's anniversary/installation party; friend of Gayle's. I absolutely love your blog and would like very much to have your thoughts/update on the Presidential Campaign now that both parties have selected their running mates. We met a wonderful Soroptimist (young attorney) from Juno Alaska at the SIA Convention in Philadelphia two years ago and now in love with the idea of having McCain in office.