Friday, April 3, 2009




I've never posted my "art" before. Oh, sure, I've posted my photographs. I posted this one last year, right after it was taken. But I've never posted any of my scrapping or journaling stuff. Until now, that is.

I've studied on this photo a fair amount, because the sky doesn't show up in the photo, but it is clearly reflected in the water on the ground. The water was from the fire fighters hoses. I made this shot just hours after the fire was put out. The building was torn down a week later. I still can't get over how quickly it was gone!

The book page is from a book by Ogden Nash called "Hard Lines." It's an old book of poetry I picked up in a book store that specializes in old books. This book cost $6, so I didn't feel to bad tearing a page out. I cut out the letters and added some paper, trying to follow my artist friend, Janet's, theory on "design."

Now, I'll wait and see if anyone comments. I've never claimed to be an artist. But, I've always wished I was one.

No comments: