Thursday, May 1, 2014

I wish I had more time ...



Life sure does get in the way, doesn't it? It seems that no matter how inspired I'm feeling, I just don't make time to do the things I really want to do. Have you ever set out to make dinner, thinking you'll get to it after and the next thing you know, it's 8:30 and you figure you might as well just read a few news articles or watch a TV show and then go to bed? After all, one has to rise early to go to work in the morning.

That's how many of my days end. I leave the office with the idea I'm going to work on a project, even if only for a few minutes. Then, I arrive home and the cat's litter box needs to be cleaned and the trash needs to be emptied and there's dishes to wash and laundry to be folded. Then, dinner ... then ... 

There you go. The next thing I know, Monday has melted into Friday and it's the weekend and the darling husband has other plans and all I want to do is work on restoring the Skipper doll I won for a great price on Ebay or resume work on that scrapbook from our last vacation three years ago.

I need to make a commitment. How can I scrub Skipper or glue pictures when the weeds are taking over in the garden? How can I work on my watercolor painting skills when the recycling bin is overflowing and the cats are meowing at me to brush them?
Yes, this one.

I sense a huge burst of creativity on the horizon, once all of this housekeeping fuss has died down, of course.

Take a look around. 
Any projects you've been delaying forever?

No comments: