Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My new year (so far) in pictures ...




Viele Road, early morning. It rained the night before which makes the green grass shimmer like emeralds. Lucky for me, a heron decided he wanted to be in the picture!


My Soroptimist club hosted a poster contest for high school juniors and seniors. The purpose was to increase the awareness of human trafficking, an awful abomination against people. The students were delightful, the winners were ecstatic with their cash awards, and the kids all appeared to have a great time.





I had these two skeins of sock yarn. I tried three times to crochet a sock, but, it wasn't working. So, I started making little granny squares. Don't know what I'm going to do with them. Yet. But, I'll come up with something. I just love the colors of this variegated yarn!



Coming back to work, I took a ride along Anapu Road. It's much more scenic than the main thoroughfares. Then, I spotted this guy. Looking so alone and forlorn. I was glad I had my camera with me.




I've been "playing" with "To The Fair" Poppy Parker lately. She was the W Club upgrade doll two years ago and she's really quite stunning. I combed her hair out, so it's loose and it gives her a much softer appearance. I'm getting into redressing my girls, too. This is my zen.

No comments: