Friday, September 20, 2013

Summer's over ....

Holy shit!  Tomorrow is the first day of autumn, also known as "fall."  (And, who changed the name of autumn to fall anyway?)
I have been way too busy to blog this summer. (Nice alliteration, don't you think?) There just haven't been enough hours in the days. And, as always, being busy is a good thing. Isn't it?

Well, let's see... what did I do this summer.

Lots and lots of yard work. It's been an extraordinarily wet summer here in sunny south Florida and I am not exaggerating when I say you can watch the grass grow. As for the weeds ... well ... that's a full-time job all by itself!

My darling husband and I visited Whitehall, the winter home of Henry Morrison Flagler, way up there in Palm Beach over the Fourth of July weekend. I wrote about it here, and there's lots of pictures to see if you like photos. Here's one of my favorites ...


The little art gallery our neighborhood association started is coming along. We had painting classes this summer. The "Island City Painters" became a regular Saturday fixture in the gallery. And, we got the 2013-2014 season planned. These folks are so talented! I love their work and I love their spirit! Creatives are the best people! (Here's an acrylic painting by the lovely Nia Nakis who taught our painting classes in July and August ...)
















What else? Dolls! Dolls! Dolls! I never tire of my doll room. I've been infatuated with Integrity Toys' Poppy Parker doll and between her and Barbie, they lure me into the doll room and distract me from the important things in life, like vacuuming and laundry. Such is life, right? Who is Poppy Parker? Here's a picture by poppybelle from Flickr. Clearly she has more time than me. I must make more time for doll photo shoots!














AND! I made a baby afghan for one of the young guys at my job this summer, so I've been crafty! His wife gave birth to a little boy in August and he just glows whenever you ask him about his son. I love that!












So, there your are! Consider this my "catch up" blog entry! I promise I'll try to do better! ("Try" being the operative word here!) Happy Autumn!

No comments: