Thursday, December 5, 2013

housekeeping on the blog


I spent a couple of hours this morning, in between other work-related tasks, clicking on the links in  "My Favorites" list over there, to the right. I was surprised to find that some of the blogs I once followed faithfully hadn't updated their blog in months or, in some cases, years. That just goes to prove how rapidly our digital consumption habits are changing, doesn't it? Once, I poured over blogs filled with fantastic photos and confessions of creativity. Now, I can get that digital fix in byte size increments via Instagram and Tumblr.

My, how things have changed.

Which begs the question. How many social media outlets can one person maintain?

If you've followed my blog for a while (and, there are a few folks out there who check in now and again) you may remember I was obsessed with Pinterest for a period of time. Now, I have 2,500+ followers and am way less obsessed with it or any other social networking outlet.

I think Facebook continues to be my favorite way to keep in touch with friends ... the ones who live across town and the ones who live across the country ... and, while I like being a presence on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and Flickr ... oh, and My365! Well, they definitely took me away from my blog and my all time favorite task of W R I T I N G!!!
Poppy Parker housekeeping ...

Back to "My Favorites" list. I edited it today. I consider it a housekeeping task. I added some artists who I follow faithfully, still, and whose work will certainly inspire you. And, I've added a couple of fashion doll links, too.

You may have noticed that I've changed the look of my blog with a new banner and some different style choices. I thought it might be nice to freshen things up a bit as we approach the New Year. The photo of the pink flowers was taken in my backyard one fine Florida February day. We stopped at a very cool roadside stand at the 88 mile marker in the Florida Keys several years ago, and when I saw these flowers, blooming in a pot, I said to my darling husband, "We have to take these home!" So, we did! And, twice a year we are treated to these beautiful blooms!

If you visit my blog, I hope you will find something that inspires you, even if it's from a link on  "My Favorites" list!

Enjoy your day! I'm going to make something now!

No comments: