Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring has Sprung, Part One



My darling husband showered me with gifts in February. For Valentine's Day he gave me a beautiful heart-shaped ring of rubies and diamonds. I have never received a gift like that before! And, for my birthday, he gave me a wonderful Nikon D80 digital camera and I have been snapping photos ever since! Here's one I took last Saturday --- and, as you can see, the clarity and colors are just amazing. I had been using a Kodak DX7590 (5 megapixels) and I was truly happy with it. But this Nikon (at 10 megapixels) just blows me away! The orchids were from a vendor in attendance at a big historical festival in Davie and I kick myself that I didn't have any money to buy one or two. They were $5 a piece for chrissake! I did, however, get some beautiful photographs of the orchids, so that will have to suffice for now. My next task is to figure out how to load more than one picture at a time to my blog. Hmmm... maybe there's help around here somewhere ...

No comments: