Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September sweeps ...

Oh. My. September is nearly done.





We have created a lovely show at Art Gallery 21 at the Woman's Club of Wilton Manors: the art of Nia Nakis. And, what an absolutely delightful human being she is! A lovely group of her friends and students have visited the gallery and they've all agreed with me about what a gifted artist she is! AND, she's sold a couple of pieces, which is always fabulous for an artist! You still have time to see Nia's show if you're in the neighborhood. It doesn't close until Friday, October 10.



I recently visited a passive park out west next to U.S. 27 ... Chapel Trail Park Nature Preserve in Pembroke Pines. Walked all the way out the boardwalk and took photos to share with my students this year. I think it's important to show them what's out there; places where they can go and experience the Everglades for themselves.





I've been doing a little design work for my darling daughter, the social media maven with the Master's Degree! This is a sample of the things we've created together ... (SoFi is pronounced like the name, Sophie) and I'm enjoying the entire process! It's been a fun way to, once again, dabble in some graphic design and to work with my girl. I'm so proud of her, my little entrepreneur!




My day job's kept me jumping, too! Research projects, prepping for school visits and wrapping up the budget for 2014-2015. Danbo will attest to that, too! He's been hounding me to clear my desk!






And, let us not forget that 30 days from today I will be with dolly friends, old and new, at the 2014 Integrity Toys Convention in Orlando, Florida where I and 499 likeminded folks will play for three glorious days with all those gorgeous Integrity girls!


C'mon, October!

No comments: