Monday, June 30, 2014

around here ...

"Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high"
~ from 'Porgy & Bess' by George Gershwin

One of my roommate's photos, shot on
our balcony at the Hyatt in 2013 ...
jumping up and down with delight in anticipation of the Integrity Toys Convention in Orlando in November! (Attended my first convention last year in Los Angeles and had the most wonderful time! Wrote about it on my travel blog, here.)

designing a brochure for our network of environmental educators to share with returning teachers in August

crocheting a sock which I have undone three times, so far ... can't seem to get the tension quite right ... yet

dealing with a pulled muscle in my back (ouch! ouch! ouch!)

catching up on the ironing; I'm always amazed how quickly it piles up!

experimenting with salad recipes for summer meals



planning for "Tea with Barbie" in July ... this is our fourth year doing this event; it's been sold out every year and it appears this year will be no exception! It's a delightful afternoon of little girls dressed in their finest fashions accompanied by their moms, grandmothers and aunts and, of course, Barbie!






sorting photos I've shot over the past 7 years along Viele Road, a 1.5 mile stretch of rural road in the middle of a growing metropolitan area that I drive every day on my way to work ... been thinking about making a book. The entire road is a veritable feast for the eyes!






scanning Public Theatre photos from pre-digital days (1992-2000) and sharing them on Facebook in a "secret" group ... here, from the Public's production of "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" by Tennessee Williams 






So, what have you been up to?

No comments: